7 Body Types: What To Wear For Each One
1. Pear Body Type
Body of broad shoulders, small bust, defined waist and wide hips
- Use dresses with sleeves, drapes and ornaments at the top, to balance the shape of your body
- A skirt will help you hide your wide hip and it will highlight your defined waist.
- Use a crossed dress with diagonal or vertical lines to favor your body type.
- Wear printed t-shirts to highlight your upper body.
Outfit ideas – Colorful t-shirts you can wear to balance your body:
2. Neat Hourglass Body Type
Body of small shoulders, defined waist and wide hips.
- Learn how to balance your silhouette with simple garments from the waist down and brighter colors in the upper body. Use the prints in blouses or t-shirts.
- The oval and deep neckline will help you balance your shoulders.
- Pants must be straight boot cut and solid colors.
Outfit ideas – Prints to highlight your Upper Body:
3. Lean Column Body Type
Body of shoulders and hips aligned, low waist.
- Choose clothes that emphasize your waist.
- Learn how to create curves on your body with dresses in layers, carved or cut into A.
- Highlight your bust with ruffle blouses.
Outfit ideas – Colorful dresses to emphasize your waist:
4. Inverted Triangle Body Type
Body of balanced shoulders, no defined waist and narrow hips.
- Skirts with volume and decorations will help you to balance your hips.
- Gowns should have a cut that start below the bust or waist.
- Highlight your waist with colorful belts.
Outfit ideas – POP ART skirts will help you balance your hips:
5. Full Hourglass Body Type
Body of shoulders and chest balance with the hips and a defined waist.
- Don`t use prints all over your outfit.
- Dresses with V neckline will help you highlight your figure.
- Highlight your lower body, to create a balance in your proportions.
Outfit ideas – Fashion leggings to highlight your legs:
6. Apple Body Type
Body with curves, no waist and volume in the abdominal area.
- Use garments that gently tailor to your body.
- To balance your curves, prefer dark colors and prevent prints.
- Skirts and pants must be of solid colors and simple textures.
- Wide V or U neckline.
Outfit ideas – Pop Art Tank Tops to balance your curves:
7. Rectangle Body Type
Body of wide hips, small bust and an undefined waist.
- Used blouses and t-shirts that add curves to your upper body.
- Highlight your arms and legs.
- Learn how to balance your bust and hip with pencil skirts.
Outfit ideas – Skirts that will help you balance your bust and hip:
Knowing your body type is the first step. The key lies on understating what works for you and avoiding what doesn’t; but the most important thing is for you to have fun mixing it up, trying different colors, different styles and making picking clothes for you an everyday adventure. Enjoy picking clothes and wearing them and have fun each day creating a new style.